1. You'll need sudo privileges to do the installation.
Note: The setup programs are 32-bit software. If you have a 64-bit system you may need to install libraries to allow your machine run 32-bit software. One way to do this is to run the command:
sudo apt-get install lib32z1
2. If you have previously installed the App Inventor setup software, you should remove those files before installing the new software:
sudo rm -rf /usr/google/appinventor sudo rm -rf ~/.appinventor
3. Download the .deb package for the Emulator from the following link: http://appinv.us/aisetup_linux_deb
4. Use the GDebi Package Installer to install the .deb Emulator package. If you don't have the GDebi Installer you can get it from the Ubuntu Software Centre at: http://bit.ly/2c1AlRD
5. The software will be installed under /usr/google/appinventor.
6. Hit Ctrl+Alt+T and fire up your Terminal and change directory as below:
7. Once in the appInventor directory enter the following command to finally Run the Emulator:
8. Now connect the appInventor to the Emulator as shown in the image below:
|Click Image to Enlarge|